Root Canal Treatment in Bankstown
Get The Best Root Canal Treatment In Bankstown
Root canal treatment is an endodontic treatment that involves the removal of inflamed and infected pulp within the tooth followed by cleaning, disinfecting, and shaping the root canals, and placing a filling to seal the space.
Why do you need a root canal?
When a tooth is decayed, chipped, or has a deep cavity, bacteria can enter the pulp. When left untreated, bacteria and decaying material can lead to serious infection or a tooth abscess, which will eventually lead to pulp death, bone loss, and loss of the vitality of the tooth itself. Signs and symptoms may include a hole in your tooth, swelling around your face and neck, severe toothache, gum swelling, and sensitivity to hot and cold foods.
Steps in root canal therapy
Root canal therapy involves three steps:
1. Cleaning of the root canals
Initially, an endodontist will remove everything that is inside the root canal and then he/she makes a small access hole on the surface of the tooth while the patient is under local anesthesia and removes the dead and infected pulp tissue with the help of very small files.
2. Filling the root canal
In the second step, the endodontist cleans and disinfects the hollow area with the help of files and solutions. Then, the tooth is filled with a rubber-like material. Adhesive cement is used to seal the canals completely.
After root canal treatment, the patient will not feel any pain or any sensation in that tooth because the nerve tissue has been removed and the infection has been eliminated.
3. Adding a crown over the dead tooth
A tooth with no pulp must receive its nourishment from the periodontal ligament that attaches the tooth to the bone. This supply is adequate but over the period the tooth will become more brittle, so in that case, a crown or filling offers more protection to the tooth. The patient should not chew or bite on the tooth until the crown and filling get completed. Once the placement of the crown or filling is done, the person can bite and chew with the tooth as before.
As the procedure continues, complications can occur.
● Sometimes it happens that only three root canals are found in a tooth instead of four. So, if any of the canals remains untreated, the infection might continue and spread into the bone.
● If the root canal is not properly sealed, then there might be the chances of recurrence of infection.
● During the procedure, the root of the tooth may crack, or the instruments can break in the canal or perforate the canal. So, in that case, it would be difficult for the dentist to fill the tooth effectively.
● To avoid complications, antibiotic therapy is followed.
Why choose us?
We have a team of highly qualified and experienced dentists that treat patients with great care and pay attention to even the minutest detail. We provide the best root canal treatment in Bankstown at affordable rates and are equipped with the latest dental technology and tools.
Book an appointment now and make your visit comfortable.