Get Premium Tooth Extraction Services In Bankstown
Grossly decayed tooth, severely infected tooth and crowding can all require a tooth extraction. People undergoing orthodontic treatment including braces may get their one or more teeth extracted to make space for other teeth as they shift into places. Patients undergoing chemotherapy or those who are about to have an organ transplant may need compromised teeth extraction to keep their mouth healthy.
Tooth extraction is performed by our dentist or oral surgeon with either local anesthesia, general anesthesia, intravenous anesthesia, or a combination depending on the severity of the case. Removing visible teeth is a simple extraction but broken teeth, teeth present below the surface, or impacted teeth require a more involved and surgical procedure.
What is the procedure for a tooth extraction?
The patient is given local anesthesia which helps in numbing the tooth and the surrounding area so that the patient feels only pressure and not pain during the extraction. Now the dentist loosens the tooth with the help of an instrument called an elevator and forceps to remove the tooth.
The surgical extraction procedure is quite more complicated than a simple extraction. It requires either general anesthesia or intravenous anesthesia depending upon the medical conditions. The general dentist or oral surgeon will put a small incision on your gums. Sometimes they may need to remove the alveolar bone around your tooth or cut your tooth before extraction.
What is the recovery period from a tooth extraction?
It generally takes a few days to recover after tooth extraction.
The following steps help you to recover fast:
● Apply an ice pack to your cheek directly for at least 10 minutes after the procedure to reduce swelling.
● Try to eat cold foods such as ice creams to arrest the post-extraction bleeding.
● After the dentist places the gauze pad over the affected area, bite down to reduce bleeding. It helps in clot formation. Leave the gauze pad to the affected area for at least three to four hours until the bleeding stops.
● Take the prescribed medications on time, including over-the-counter painkillers.
● Take proper rest for the first 24 hours. Try not to follow your routine for the next two days.
● Do not smoke
● Do not rinse for 24 hours after the tooth extraction
● Brush and floss your teeth normally but avoid the extraction site.
● Try to eat soft food after the extraction
● After 24 hours, add a half-teaspoon of salt to eight ounces of warm water to rinse out your mouth. It helps in faster healing
● As you heal over the next few days, you can slowly involve the other food items in your diet
Why connect with us?
We offer the best quality tooth extraction services in Bankstown at a reasonable price. We are highly concerned about the oral health of our patients and provide them with the desired comfort. We follow the standard guidelines and protocols and try to meet up the expectations of our patients. You can consult with our experts and get expert advice on maintaining dental health.